6 March 2018
Spring is just around the corner, and we’ve got some Spring Cleaning tips to help get your home ready. Does the idea of Spring Cleaning get you feeling overwhelmed. You may want to start the process by creating a list. We find that making a list makes Spring Cleaning more manageable. Common spring cleaning tasks include:
- Window Cleaning
- Leaf and Brush Removal
- Cleaning up Flower Beds
- Power Washing
- Cleaning out the Garage
- Cleaning out Closets
- Washing Curtains and Blinds
- You know, stuff like that.
Here are Our Spring Cleaning Tips and Checklist to Help Give You More Ideas
- Vacuum: This one is simple, but it is crucial. Pets are shedding is the spring, so make sure to vacuum a little extra.
- Clear Clutter: Piles of junk, paper, clothes etc trap dust and other allergens. Make sure to add clearing clutter in your garage, attic, basement, closets, home etc. to your Spring Cleaning To Do List.
- Clean Carpet and Furniture: Spring is a great time to have your carpet, rugs, and upholstery cleaned. You know your family has been lounging on the furniture all winter. Steam cleaning will remove odors, dust, dander, dirt, mites, and pet hair.
- Wash Linens and Curtains: Bedding should be washed once a week, not just in Spring. If you’re waking up with allergy symptoms, your bedding might be part of the problem.
- Change HVAC Filters: These should be changed at the very least every 3 months. However, we suggest changing them every month if you have pets, lots of family members living in the home, or allergies.
- Clean Air Ducts: Professional air duct cleaning can also reduce allergy symptoms, remove dust, and improve your home’s overall air quality.
- Power Wash Exterior Surfaces: Algae, dirt, and grime accurate over the colder months. Make sure you have your home, patio, roof, decks, etc power washed, especially if you have green algae and mildew on them. The longer that algae feeds on your exterior surfaces, the more it spreads.
- Clean Up Flower Beds and Mulch: When temps gets above freezing, it is time to remove leaves and debris from landscaping. The leaves actually protect perennials over the cold months. So, leaving them until it warms up is a good idea. Additionally, spring is also the time to put a fresh layer of mulch in your garden beds.
- Clean Gutters: Gutters should be cleaned twice a year. Homeowners usually have gutters cleaned in Spring and in Fall.
- Clean Windows: Spring is a great time to clean windows and screens. You’ll be amazed at how much extra natural light you’ll have once you clean your windows.
Schedule Your Spring Cleaning with Fire Dawgs
We hope our Spring Cleaning Tips have been helpful. Feel free to call us at 317-291-3294 with any questions. Or, you can always Contact Us online anytime. We offer free estimate on all of our Indianapolis cleaning services.