24 January 2018
Today, we’re going to share some reasons why Upholstery Cleaning is important. If you have pets, kids, or furniture that gets used A LOT this post is especially for you! And, while carpet cleaning is definitely important, you probably spend more time on your furniture than on your floor. So, here are some of our top reasons to keep that furniture and upholstery clean!
5 Reasons Why Upholstery Cleaning is Important
- Sanitation– Bacteria, dirt, allergens, and pathogens can all become embedded in your furniture fibers and padding. Not only are these things gross, but they also cause unpleasant odors. No one like yucky, stinky furniture.
- Appearance- This kind of goes with sanitation, but it’s important! If you have kids, pets, or lots of people sitting on your furniture, you know it gets dingy and gross looking. Keep your furniture (especially furniture in living areas) looking and smelling great by having it cleaned at least once a year. Actually, we suggest having it cleaned twice a year if your pets lounge on your furniture. Learn more about keeping furniture clean with pets here.
- Health- Allergens embedded in furniture and upholstery can cause your allergy symptoms to flair up. Additionally, bacteria, mold, fleas, and mites can also pose heath risks. Keep your family, friends and pets healthy, and have your furniture cleaned by professionals. Also, learn more about cleaning to reduce allergens here.
- Air Quality– We know this one seems kind of strange. However, having your furniture and carpet cleaned can help improve air quality. Professional steam cleaning can reduce mildew, allergens, and bacteria that reduce that air quality in your home. Furthermore, air duct cleaning can also improve your home’s air quality.
- Longevity– Finally, the last of our reasons why Upholstery Cleaning is important, longevity. Cleaning your upholstery can actually make it last longer. In America, the average sofa lasts about 7 to 8 years. Make your comfy couch last, and have it cleaned and stain protected twice a year. Check out the couch below. It is 7 years old and still going. It’s cleaned every 6 months, and it has lots of life left!
We hope our reasons why Upholstery Cleaning is important have been helpful to you! See something we missed? Comment below. We’d love to hear from you!
Need old furniture removed? Check out our furniture removal service!